Living and Managing life with Deafness
Whether someone is born deaf or becomes deaf in later life, the impact of this can be devastating. Earshot has a wealth of experience through over 20 years working within Local Authorities Deaf Services. The aim of this type of support is listed below:-
- Awareness of the impact of their deafness / dual sensory issues to the individual and to their families.
- Understanding and managing sensory loss to achieve their full potential.
- Awareness of Communication Tactics and the benefits of lip-reading skills.
- Improve communication with others using a range of strategies to aid communication.
- Bespoke one to one support in managing and living with deafness and sensory issues.
- Signposting and involving the relevant agencies to maximise support and access to services.
- Understanding their legal rights to accessible communication and services.
- Offer support to develop or regain their skills, independence and confidence.
- Supporting deaf people in employment including deaf awareness for their workplace.
This works in hand in hand with Equipment Advice Service to provide a holistic approach for support.
- Specialist 1 to 1 home visit includes travel – a minimum of £20 per visit. Contact us for an actual quote.
- Small-group Training - contact us for a quote.
- Professionals requiring advice - contact us for a quote.
- Social Care Direct Payment Service to provide support - contact us for a DP hourly rate.
All staff are DBS Checked.
Earshot has Public Liability Insurance.